Working out at CrossFit gyms near you is only one step toward achieving the healthy lifestyle you want. What you eat is equally important. At CrossFit Rock Hill, we believe in helping our clients live their best lives. Here are six foods that may help you have a better workout.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is one of today’s superfoods. Add a tablespoon to your diet before and after you exercise and you may notice an increase in your endurance and energy.
- Sweet potatoes – Your body needs a healthy amount of carbs to keep your energy levels high. Sweet potatoes are excellent for balancing blood sugar without the negative effects of other starchy carbs.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a great way to take in carbohydrates without any added sugars.
- Eggs – Eggs are full of B vitamins, healthy fats, and proteins. It’s the perfect supplement for your CrossFit workouts.
- Lentils – Speaking of protein, lentils help regulate your body’s protein levels. They also add flavor and fiber to chili, soups, and other dishes.
- Seeds and nuts – Seeds and nuts deliver lots of nutrients. They’re a perfect snack to help you recover from a demanding workout.
Interested in learning more about exercise and nutrition? Talk to the coaches at CrossFit Rock Hill.