Posted July 30, 2018
Working out at CrossFit gyms near you is only one step toward achieving the healthy lifestyle you want. What you eat is equally important. At CrossFit Rock Hill, we believe in helping our clients live their best lives. Here are six foods that may help you have a better workout.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is one of today’s superfoods. Add a tablespoon to your diet before and after you exercise and you may notice an increase in your endurance and energy.
- Sweet potatoes – Your body needs a healthy amount of carbs to keep your energy levels high. Sweet potatoes are excellent for balancing blood sugar without the negative effects of other starchy carbs.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a great way to take in carbohydrates without any added sugars.
- Eggs – Eggs are full of B vitamins, healthy fats, and proteins. It’s the perfect supplement for your CrossFit workouts.
- Lentils – Speaking of protein, lentils help regulate your body’s protein levels. They also add flavor and fiber to chili, soups, and other dishes.
- Seeds and nuts – Seeds and nuts deliver lots of nutrients. They’re a perfect snack to help you recover from a demanding workout.
Interested in learning more about exercise and nutrition? Talk to the coaches at CrossFit Rock Hill.
Posted July 17, 2018
The summer season poses as a wonderful time for you to start getting active. Moreover, it’s a perfect time for you to start considering your general well-being and health. As a provider of CrossFit near you, we want to help you make the most out of your summer. Here are CrossFit Rock Hill’s top summertime exercise and wellness tips:
- Change your diet to supercharge your workouts – Exercising alone isn’t enough. You also need a healthy diet. Try to avoid foods that contain a high amount of fats and a low amount of nutrients, such as processed foods.
- Take a vacation from vacations – It’s tempting to sit back and relax during the summer. But have you ever thought of taking a vacation from vacationing? Use the extra time you may have during the summer to stay active.
- Drink more water – Drinking water throughout the day will decrease your chances of becoming dehydrated.
- Get outside – Leave the office or your home as much as possible. Take walks or go through your WOD in your yard. That’s right – you don’t even have to find a CrossFit near you to get your workout in. You really don’t have any excuses when it comes to this program!
If you want to start CrossFit, summer is the perfect time. Visit CrossFit Rock Hill today to see how we can help you transform your exercise routines and your overall wellness. We even offer CrossFit for beginners. We hope to see you soon!
Posted June 28, 2018
Spending time with your family is one of the best ways to make memories and build lasting bonds. But you don’t just have to hang around the house to get in some quality time! Finding activities that you can do together, like exercise, has many benefits. The CrossFit gym at CrossFit Rock Hill wants you to know the following four reasons why family fitness is important:
- Promotes learning by observation – Children are naturally curious and observant. They watch everything the adults in their lives do and will often repeat the same actions. If you want to encourage your children to exercise, getting fit as a family will produce better results.
- Changes up the routine – Sometimes you need a change in your average routine. Exercising at a CrossFit gym is a great way to add something exciting and new to your schedule.
- Allows you to socialize with your family – With technology taking over the world, family social time has dramatically decreased. But with family fitness, you’ll have time to chat and get in a good workout at the same time.
- Increases motivation – Does your child need a boost in confidence or motivation? CrossFit workouts may be perfect for you. Nothing helps increase motivations and confidence more than exercise.
Interested in bringing your family to a CrossFit gym near you? Come to CrossFit Rock Hill to learn more about our exercise programs for preteens, teens, and adults. Let us help get your family on the path to better fitness.
Posted June 14, 2018
Starting any new routine can be tough, especially if it involves exercise. But creating these new habits and sticking to them doesn’t have to be a struggle. You just need to know which steps to take to keep your momentum going. At CrossFit Rock Hill, our fitness center near you wants you to start exercising on a regular basis. Here are four tips to help you keep up your new exercise habits:
- Establish daily routines. Taking the same actions every day makes them seem normal. This includes establishing a CrossFit workout schedule, eating healthy foods, drinking water, and getting enough sleep.
- Have a support system. Support from family, friends, and your CrossFit coaches can keep you motivated. In fact, one of the reasons why CrossFit is so popular is the sense of community among our participants.
- Be accountable. Holding yourself accountable is so important when you’re trying to establish healthy habits. CrossFit allows you to exercise in a group setting. You’ll be around other people with the same goals and can encourage each other.
- Have fun! Finally, many often stick to a new habit because they enjoy it. Exercise, overtime, can become very enjoyable – if not addicting.
Are you looking for a fitness center near you in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and Lake Wylie area that provides CrossFit? Come to CrossFit Rock Hill. We’ll get you started on your journey to a better, healthier you!
Posted May 29, 2018
Could simply living near a gym benefit your health? According to a new study, it might! Today, the team at CrossFit Rock Hill wants you to know about the positive impact of having CrossFit near you – or any other fitness center, for that matter.
According to research, it seems that middle-aged adults and seniors who live near local gyms tend to be more slim and fit. At the same time, individuals who don’t live near fast food restaurants tend to be healthier, too.
Scientists believe the connection lies in the fact that local gyms offer people a more convenient way to get the exercise they need. Increasing access to nearby facilities for physical activity, combined with reducing the number of fast food developments, could lower the risk of obesity and other unhealthy conditions within a community.
The CrossFit program on its own provides many health benefits to particpants. However, having CrossFit gyms near you makes it easier than ever to get the exercise you need to live a full, healthy life.
Are you interested in joining a gym that provides CrossFit near you in Rock Hill or Fort Mill, SC? Visit CrossFit Rock Hill today. We’re more than happy to have you join one of our introductory sessions so you can learn more about our elite fitness program.
Posted May 15, 2018
Choosing an exercise program is never easy. There are so many options to choose from these days, and each one requires you to weight the pros and cons. The same is true for CrossFit. Our coaches want you to have a clear picture of our program before you begin. Depending on what you’re looking for, there may be some drawbacks. Here’s what the team at CrossFit Rock Hill thinks you might not like about our program.
- Workouts that constantly change – The CrossFit program is designed to provide participants with different workouts each day, all of which are helping you transform the different muscle groups in your body. But not everyone likes this much variety in their exercise routines.
- Not as specialized as some may like – CrossFit’s wide range of workouts means you’re not able to focus as much on one particular type of exercise or one particular muscle group. Our broad approach to overall fitness may not offer the specialization some are looking for.
If you’d like to know more, come to CrossFit Rock Hill for CrossFit near you. Our coaches will be glad to help you decide if our workouts are right for you. You can even attend a free intro class. Check us out and see what you think!
Posted April 26, 2018
If you’re wondering why CrossFit might be the right choice for you, you’re not alone. Check out the following three benefits of CrossFit from CrossFit Rock Hill, a provider of CrossFit near you.
- Personalized training – CrossFit coaches are interested in helping participants achieve the level of fitness that’s right for them. When you attend a class, you’ll be able to rely on your coach for personalized advice. Even though it’s a group setting, you’ll feel as if you were in a one-on-one training session.
- Community-centered – CrossFit is rooted in a sense of community among participants. At CrossFit gyms like ours, members are encouraged to get to know one another. The spirit of competition is always fun and encouraging and a true sense of family often develops at each affiliate.
- Focused on personal growth – Through CrossFit, you may discover new things about yourself that you hadn’t noticed before. This may include both physical development and the sense of accomplishment and self-confidence that come from becoming your best.
Looking for a gym that provides CrossFit near you? Visit CrossFit Rock Hill today. We welcome new members in the Rock Hill and Fort Mill, SC area. Join us for a session and see how our exercise program can transform your well-being.
Posted April 12, 2018
The goal of any CrossFit near you is to provide participants with a fun, safe, and social space for working out. But what if you don’t have time to make it out to a class? Can you do CrossFit at home? CrossFit Rock Hill has the answers.
Sometimes, there are some factors beyond your control that might prevent you from getting to a CrossFit gym near you for your daily workout. An illness, a sudden change to your schedule, or other circumstances could keep you from getting to class.
The good news is that you can do CrossFit at home. You can always find the CrossFit Workout Of the Day (WOD) on our website so you can still exercise in the comfort of your own home, on your schedule.
However, there are some drawbacks to doing this type of workout at home. You may not have the right equipment or accessories to get the full benefit of certain moves. Also, you’ll be without the assistance of our professionally trained coaches. If you run into any questions or problems while you’re working out at home, talk to our coaches about them when you return to class.
Are you looking for CrossFit near you in Rock Hill or Fort Mill, SC? Visit CrossFit Rock Hill today! No matter your skill level, we promise to make your workout fun and productive.
Posted March 30, 2018
As you’re participating in the different types of CrossFit classes near you, there are two important keys to your success. You’ll need to be personally invested in your workouts but you’ll also benefit from the leadership of a great CrossFit coach. While all of our coaches at CrossFit Rock Hill are highly trained, there are different certifications that coaches can pursue. Here’s what the various levels mean:
- CrossFit Level 1 – This is the entry-level certification for any coach. Level 1 coaches know the basic movements of the workout but don’t receive instruction on the more in-depth aspects of teaching participants.
- CrossFit Levels 2, 3, 4 – Coaches at levels 2, 3, and 4 have completed progressively more extensive training. They’ve learned about human anatomy and how it relates to the CrossFit workout. They’ve also been trained to prevent, assess, and treat injuries that may occur during a workout.
- Other coaching certifications – Some coaches may choose to participate in one- or two-day seminars on special topics. CrossFit coaches may also choose to pursue certifications from other fitness programs.
At CrossFit Rock Hill, we believe our coaches are the heart of our CrossFit classes near you. With their guidance, many of our members in Rock Hill and Fort Mill have become healthier, lost weight, and achieved a level of fitness they didn’t think was possible. Visit one of our classes and learn how we can help you achieve your fitness goals!
Posted March 15, 2018
Now that you know what CrossFit is and what the classes are like, it’s time to get started on your journey to better health and fitness. But with over 13,000 affiliates around the world, how do you find the best CrossFit classes near you? CrossFit Rock Hill has a few tips to help you decide. Here are a few ways to find the right CrossFit gym near you:
- Ask about their experience – Before you join a CrossFit gym, ask how long they’ve been open and how much training the coaches have had. Official CrossFit affiliates and coaches must meet certain requirements. You can also verify an affiliate to make sure a program is legitimate.
- Ask about their schedule and programs – Different CrossFit affiliates may have different class schedules. Before you pay for a membership at any gym near you, make sure you’ll actually be able to attend the classes that interest you most.
- Ask about free classes – Ask a CrossFit affiliate if they offer any free classes. You should make sure you’re comfortable with the program before you commit to this or any other exercise program.
If you’re looking for Fort Mill CrossFit classes near you, come to CrossFit Rock Hill. Our coaches and members are ready to welcome new participants at our gym near you. Get started today by checking out our free introductory CrossFit classes!