Posted October 15, 2018
Fall is back and many people are making the most of the season. But with jam-packed schedules and the holidays on the way, how can you manage to fit in a workout? The good news is that there are some great ways to stay active this fall. CrossFit Rock Hill has a few suggestions for how you can get your best workout without missing all of those fun fall activities.
- Visit local festivals – Many communities sponsor fall festivals. In addition to family activities and delicious food, these events give you the opportunity to get out in the fresh air and walk through a town. For a more intense workout, sign up for the road races that are often a part of these festivals.
- Plan outdoor adventures – Fall is the perfect time to get outside and explore. The weather this time of year is usually ideal for running and hiking. But don’t overlook the benefits of enjoying a nice walk as you admire the changing leaves. With the vibrant autumn colors all around you, what’s not to love about outdoor exercise in the fall?
- Set aside time for your workouts – It’s easy to let work and school obligations get in the way of your exercise regimen. But making time to get in the best workout possible will pay off in the long run. Active planning will help you stay more physically active as the year draws to a close.
If you’re looking for a way to get the best workout this fall, come to CrossFit Rock Hill. We’ll help you turn over a new leaf when it comes to your exercise habits!
Posted September 28, 2018
Exercise is often shuffled aside due to busy work schedules. So how can you keep up with both work and working out? At CrossFit Rock Hill, we specialize in workout routines that fit your life. But what about when you can’t make it to the gym? Here are three ways to stay in shape at the office.
- Commute on a bike – Biking to work is an easy way to fit exercise into your workday. Even better, it can make your commute fun. Plus, it allows you to get some fresh air before you head inside for the day.
- Sit up straight – Keeping an upright and firm posture with your stomach tucked in can also be an at-work workout. Upright postures target your core muscles, engaging them to help you stay stable and improve balance.
- Stand and stretch frequently – Whenever you get the opportunity to stand up and stretch, don’t skip it. Sitting for long periods of time can be bad for your health. Take time to get up and walk around or at least stand up for a bit at a time.
If you’re interested in joining a gym that provides first-rate workout routines that work with the rest of your schedule, visit CrossFit Rock Hill. Let us show you how our exercise program may be right for you.
Posted September 16, 2018
Are you struggling to find time to exercise due to a busy work schedule? It may seem like schedule-friendly fitness programs are few and far between. But sometimes all it takes is a little perspective to find solutions that work. CrossFit Rock Hill has four tips on how to fit exercise around your work:
- Focus on favorite exercises – If you don’t have much time to exercise, why not spend it doing something you like? If you hate running, don’t run! If you love to hike, get out and do it. CrossFit provides a wide variety of fitness programs and workouts for you to try out.
- Don’t stress yourself out – Exercise should relieve stress, not cause it. Stressing yourself out will make your workouts to lose any benefit and can even hurt your self-esteem. Be satisfied with any amount of exercise you can fit in.
- Create a workout-specific schedule – Consider creating a separate exercise schedule that works with your professional one. Try to stick with it as much as possible.
- Track yourself – Keep track of your exercise objectives. Celebrate when you accomplish a goal. Acknowledge areas where you need to improve.
- Invite co-workers to join in – Sometimes the best motivator is having a competitor. If you’re struggling to get inspired, invite co-workers to work out with you. Having friends to exercise with makes it easy and way more fun.
Stop the endless search for fitness programs that fit your schedule perfectly. Instead, discover the time-friendly fitness regimen that is CrossFit. Visit CrossFit Rock Hill to learn more!
Posted August 31, 2018
As you well know, participating in your favorite exercise programs is only part of staying healthy. Your diet is equally important. While choosing healthy food options is something that can become a habit, it’s often hard to do during football season. How can you enjoy tailgates and parties without undoing all your hard work? Here are five tips from CrossFit Rock Hill.
- Plan for gameday in advance – Plan ahead for your gameday activities. If you know you’ll be surrounded by unhealthy foods, take control by bringing better options to share with the group.
- Eat before you go – If you show up hungry to a tailgate, you’ll probably overindulge. Eat something healthy and filling before you go to the game or a party. Then choose snacks of vegetables or fruits once you arrive.
- Avoid high-calorie drinks – Sodas and alcoholic beverages are loaded with calories. Drink more water before and during the game. This will help you feel fuller, too.
- Keep moving – Get up and move around as often as you can. If you don’t want to miss any of the action, stretch or take a short walk during breaks in the game.
- Stay focused – Finally, don’t let temptation get to you. Set reminders about your food goals so you can stay focused on your health.
Stay in shape this fall by eating well, drinking lots of water, and keeping up with your exercise programs. CrossFit Rock Hill is here to help you create a healthier life.
Posted August 20, 2018
While there are some foods that will help you get the most from your CrossFit workouts, there are some that will do the exact opposite. Your diet throughout the day can impact your workout regimen when you arrive at CrossFit gyms near you. The team at CrossFit Rock Hill suggests avoiding the following foods if you want to get the best results:
- Fried foods – It’s hard to say no to fried foods, but they’re not good for your workouts (or your overall health, for that matter). Heavy foods like these can make you feel tired and sluggish quicker. That’s not how you want to feel if you’re about to tackle an intense workout.
- Alcohol – Alcohol will slow you down, too. Try to avoid drinking alcohol the day before you go to CrossFit gyms near you.
- Raw veggies – While raw veggies are great, you may want to avoid eating them right before you exercise. Many people experience gastrointestinal troubles if they eat raw vegetables before working out.
- Processed foods – In general, you should try to stay away from processed foods. They’re typically loaded with sugar and unnatural ingredients that will do more harm than good for your body.
- High-sugar carbohydrates – Limit your consumption of high-sugar carbohydrates like potatoes, rice, and bread. Eating these before a workout will cause you to crave sugary foods immediately after you exercise.
Learn more about CrossFit nutrition and explore CrossFit programs by visiting CrossFit Rock Hill.
Posted July 30, 2018
Working out at CrossFit gyms near you is only one step toward achieving the healthy lifestyle you want. What you eat is equally important. At CrossFit Rock Hill, we believe in helping our clients live their best lives. Here are six foods that may help you have a better workout.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is one of today’s superfoods. Add a tablespoon to your diet before and after you exercise and you may notice an increase in your endurance and energy.
- Sweet potatoes – Your body needs a healthy amount of carbs to keep your energy levels high. Sweet potatoes are excellent for balancing blood sugar without the negative effects of other starchy carbs.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a great way to take in carbohydrates without any added sugars.
- Eggs – Eggs are full of B vitamins, healthy fats, and proteins. It’s the perfect supplement for your CrossFit workouts.
- Lentils – Speaking of protein, lentils help regulate your body’s protein levels. They also add flavor and fiber to chili, soups, and other dishes.
- Seeds and nuts – Seeds and nuts deliver lots of nutrients. They’re a perfect snack to help you recover from a demanding workout.
Interested in learning more about exercise and nutrition? Talk to the coaches at CrossFit Rock Hill.
Posted July 17, 2018
The summer season poses as a wonderful time for you to start getting active. Moreover, it’s a perfect time for you to start considering your general well-being and health. As a provider of CrossFit near you, we want to help you make the most out of your summer. Here are CrossFit Rock Hill’s top summertime exercise and wellness tips:
- Change your diet to supercharge your workouts – Exercising alone isn’t enough. You also need a healthy diet. Try to avoid foods that contain a high amount of fats and a low amount of nutrients, such as processed foods.
- Take a vacation from vacations – It’s tempting to sit back and relax during the summer. But have you ever thought of taking a vacation from vacationing? Use the extra time you may have during the summer to stay active.
- Drink more water – Drinking water throughout the day will decrease your chances of becoming dehydrated.
- Get outside – Leave the office or your home as much as possible. Take walks or go through your WOD in your yard. That’s right – you don’t even have to find a CrossFit near you to get your workout in. You really don’t have any excuses when it comes to this program!
If you want to start CrossFit, summer is the perfect time. Visit CrossFit Rock Hill today to see how we can help you transform your exercise routines and your overall wellness. We even offer CrossFit for beginners. We hope to see you soon!
Posted June 28, 2018
Spending time with your family is one of the best ways to make memories and build lasting bonds. But you don’t just have to hang around the house to get in some quality time! Finding activities that you can do together, like exercise, has many benefits. The CrossFit gym at CrossFit Rock Hill wants you to know the following four reasons why family fitness is important:
- Promotes learning by observation – Children are naturally curious and observant. They watch everything the adults in their lives do and will often repeat the same actions. If you want to encourage your children to exercise, getting fit as a family will produce better results.
- Changes up the routine – Sometimes you need a change in your average routine. Exercising at a CrossFit gym is a great way to add something exciting and new to your schedule.
- Allows you to socialize with your family – With technology taking over the world, family social time has dramatically decreased. But with family fitness, you’ll have time to chat and get in a good workout at the same time.
- Increases motivation – Does your child need a boost in confidence or motivation? CrossFit workouts may be perfect for you. Nothing helps increase motivations and confidence more than exercise.
Interested in bringing your family to a CrossFit gym near you? Come to CrossFit Rock Hill to learn more about our exercise programs for preteens, teens, and adults. Let us help get your family on the path to better fitness.
Posted June 14, 2018
Starting any new routine can be tough, especially if it involves exercise. But creating these new habits and sticking to them doesn’t have to be a struggle. You just need to know which steps to take to keep your momentum going. At CrossFit Rock Hill, our fitness center near you wants you to start exercising on a regular basis. Here are four tips to help you keep up your new exercise habits:
- Establish daily routines. Taking the same actions every day makes them seem normal. This includes establishing a CrossFit workout schedule, eating healthy foods, drinking water, and getting enough sleep.
- Have a support system. Support from family, friends, and your CrossFit coaches can keep you motivated. In fact, one of the reasons why CrossFit is so popular is the sense of community among our participants.
- Be accountable. Holding yourself accountable is so important when you’re trying to establish healthy habits. CrossFit allows you to exercise in a group setting. You’ll be around other people with the same goals and can encourage each other.
- Have fun! Finally, many often stick to a new habit because they enjoy it. Exercise, overtime, can become very enjoyable – if not addicting.
Are you looking for a fitness center near you in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and Lake Wylie area that provides CrossFit? Come to CrossFit Rock Hill. We’ll get you started on your journey to a better, healthier you!
Posted May 29, 2018
Could simply living near a gym benefit your health? According to a new study, it might! Today, the team at CrossFit Rock Hill wants you to know about the positive impact of having CrossFit near you – or any other fitness center, for that matter.
According to research, it seems that middle-aged adults and seniors who live near local gyms tend to be more slim and fit. At the same time, individuals who don’t live near fast food restaurants tend to be healthier, too.
Scientists believe the connection lies in the fact that local gyms offer people a more convenient way to get the exercise they need. Increasing access to nearby facilities for physical activity, combined with reducing the number of fast food developments, could lower the risk of obesity and other unhealthy conditions within a community.
The CrossFit program on its own provides many health benefits to particpants. However, having CrossFit gyms near you makes it easier than ever to get the exercise you need to live a full, healthy life.
Are you interested in joining a gym that provides CrossFit near you in Rock Hill or Fort Mill, SC? Visit CrossFit Rock Hill today. We’re more than happy to have you join one of our introductory sessions so you can learn more about our elite fitness program.