Posted March 30, 2018
As you’re participating in the different types of CrossFit classes near you, there are two important keys to your success. You’ll need to be personally invested in your workouts but you’ll also benefit from the leadership of a great CrossFit coach. While all of our coaches at CrossFit Rock Hill are highly trained, there are different certifications that coaches can pursue. Here’s what the various levels mean:
- CrossFit Level 1 – This is the entry-level certification for any coach. Level 1 coaches know the basic movements of the workout but don’t receive instruction on the more in-depth aspects of teaching participants.
- CrossFit Levels 2, 3, 4 – Coaches at levels 2, 3, and 4 have completed progressively more extensive training. They’ve learned about human anatomy and how it relates to the CrossFit workout. They’ve also been trained to prevent, assess, and treat injuries that may occur during a workout.
- Other coaching certifications – Some coaches may choose to participate in one- or two-day seminars on special topics. CrossFit coaches may also choose to pursue certifications from other fitness programs.
At CrossFit Rock Hill, we believe our coaches are the heart of our CrossFit classes near you. With their guidance, many of our members in Rock Hill and Fort Mill have become healthier, lost weight, and achieved a level of fitness they didn’t think was possible. Visit one of our classes and learn how we can help you achieve your fitness goals!
Posted March 15, 2018
Now that you know what CrossFit is and what the classes are like, it’s time to get started on your journey to better health and fitness. But with over 13,000 affiliates around the world, how do you find the best CrossFit classes near you? CrossFit Rock Hill has a few tips to help you decide. Here are a few ways to find the right CrossFit gym near you:
- Ask about their experience – Before you join a CrossFit gym, ask how long they’ve been open and how much training the coaches have had. Official CrossFit affiliates and coaches must meet certain requirements. You can also verify an affiliate to make sure a program is legitimate.
- Ask about their schedule and programs – Different CrossFit affiliates may have different class schedules. Before you pay for a membership at any gym near you, make sure you’ll actually be able to attend the classes that interest you most.
- Ask about free classes – Ask a CrossFit affiliate if they offer any free classes. You should make sure you’re comfortable with the program before you commit to this or any other exercise program.
If you’re looking for Fort Mill CrossFit classes near you, come to CrossFit Rock Hill. Our coaches and members are ready to welcome new participants at our gym near you. Get started today by checking out our free introductory CrossFit classes!
Posted February 28, 2018
If you’ve ever thought about joining a CrossFit class, you’re probably wondering what an average session is like – and you’re not alone! Many who are new to this fitness regimen ask this question. As a gym offering CrossFit classes near you, CrossFit Rock Hill is here to help. Here is what you can expect from an average class at our CrossFit gym:
- Warm up – As with any workout, the first step is to warm up properly. During warm ups, our coaches will lead you through squats, jumping jacks, pushups, and other exercises to get your body stretched and ready for the rest of the session.
- Skill and strength days – Every CrossFit class swaps between skill days and strength days. On skill days, you and a coach will hone your CrossFit skills and focus on ways to improve your techniques. On strength days, coaches will work with you to increase your power. Keep in mind that on strength days, you should expect to do some heavy lifting.
- Workout of the day (WOD)– In addition to skill and strength days, every day will have a set workout, or WOD. In a WOD, coaches will lead you through numerous CrossFit maneuvers in a fast-paced setting.
- Cool down – Each class finishes with a cool down period. Stretch with the group or on your own as you relax after an effective workout. This is also a good time to reflect on how your body feels.
Are you looking to join a gym offering CrossFit classes near you? Visit CrossFit Rock Hill. Our qualified coaches will help you get on the right path to better fitness and a healthier life!
Posted February 15, 2018
Many people who are looking to improve their health and fitness will look at local gyms and the classes they offer to find the right type of workout. While in the process of researching Rock Hill gyms, we hope you’ll consider signing up for CrossFit classes at CrossFit Rock Hill. Here’s some information about the different types of sessions we offer:
- Introductory Classes – If you’re trying CrossFit for the first time, we offer free introductory classes that give you a good overview of what we do. These classes are important because they help you feel comfortable with this particular style of training.
- On Ramp/Elements Classes – Our on ramp or elements classes teach the core foundations of CrossFit. Among other things, our coaches will work with you on the proper form for squats, overhead presses, deadlifts, and other common moves.
- Standard Classes – Once you’ve completed these classes, you’re ready to join us for our regular fitness sessions. If you’ve ever wondered what a WOD is, this will be your chance to find out! Most of the workouts we offer will be done in this type of setting. These classes generally run for about 45 minutes to an hour.
When you’re ready to take charge of your health and fitness, visit CrossFit Rock Hill. We’re one of the top Rock Hill gyms and our coaches are ready to help you get started on your journey to a better life.
Posted January 29, 2018
People exercise for many different reasons. Some do it for sports training or as a hobby. Others work out as a way to lose weight. Many gyms in Rock Hill, SC are asked about the connection between weight loss and the exercise programs they offer. Today, CrossFit Rock Hill wants to talk about how CrossFit can help you lose weight – and what it can help you gain:
- Will CrossFit help you lose weight? – This answer all depends on your other habits. If you stick to a healthy diet and follow your CrossFit workout schedule to the letter, then it is possible for you to lose weight. It’s important to remember that much of the weight loss results from any workout program relies on your diet as much as your exercise.
- It’s not just about weight; it’s about strength – CrossFit not only helps people lose weight. It also helps them gain strength. Its foundation lies in helping individuals develop healthier lifestyles. Our workouts help our members gain strength and new perspectives on how they can live their best lives. With this in mind, your focus should always be on growing stronger, getting healthier, and gaining confidence. Losing weight should be thought of as an added benefit!
Are you ready to lose weight in a healthy manner? Come to CrossFit Rock Hill and get started today! As one of the top CrossFit gyms in Rock Hill, SC, our coaches are ready to help you learn how to get fit.
Posted January 12, 2018
Happy 2018! Along with the new year comes a new resolve to live a better, healthier life. That means it’s time for you to start planning your fitness goals. CrossFit Rock Hill has five tips to help you achieve – and surpass – your goals and how CrossFit classes can help:
- Gage your level of readiness – First and foremost, make sure you’re physically and mentally ready for CrossFit classes. Talk with your doctor and ask them for their opinion on your overall health and fitness.
- Set a schedule – Once you determine that you’re ready for this type of workout, sit down and plan out a schedule. Try to pick at least three days each week that you can devote to CrossFit classes.
- Invite friends – Workouts are always better when you do them with friends or family. Ask someone to start taking CrossFit classes with you. It will be much more enjoyable and you’ll both enjoy the benefits!
- Start small – Always ease your way into any workout program. Never start with intense workouts, as this can cause serious injuries. Start at the proper level for your abilities and work your way up as you get in better shape.
- Be rational – Set realistic goals – not just for fitness, but for any part of your life. Focus on small victories so you can work your way toward the desired outcome you want out from your CrossFit workouts.
Are you interested in joining our CrossFit classes at CrossFit Rock Hill? Talk to us today about our free introductory sessions. We welcome all new participants in the Fort Mill and Rock Hill, SC area. We can’t wait to help you have a healthier new year!
Posted December 27, 2017
We will be closed on January 1st.
Have a safe and happy New Year’s Day,
-The CrossFit Team
Posted December 26, 2017
One of the benefits of CrossFit is that you can almost always find an affiliate program near you – no matter where you go. But sometimes even the best plans don’t work out. As your local gym offering CrossFit in Fort Mill and Rock Hill, SC, CrossFit Rock Hill has five ways you can get in a quick workout during your holiday travels:
- Walk the terminal – If you’re waiting to get on a flight, use the free time to walk around the terminal. Stay active for as much as you can during these delays.
- Locate walking routes – When you arrive to your destination, ask about local walking trails. By taking a brisk walk or run on these routes, you can enjoy the beauty of the area and get a good workout at the same time.
- Turn your room into a mini gym – Turn your hotel room into a small workout area. Use this space for your daily stretches and other exercises.
- Use your own body weight – When you are working out in the hotel room, don’t forget to do some strengthening workouts. Make sure you do your crunches, squats, and other exercises using the resistance of your own body weight.
- Jog in place – This time of year, it might be too chilly to do your usual outside exercise. Try jogging in place, walking around your room, or using the exercise equipment in your hotel. This way, you can still get that workout and stay warm at the same time!
Are you looking for CrossFit in Fort Mill or Rock Hill, SC this holiday season? Join CrossFit Rock Hill at one of our free introductory sessions. We can’t wait to help you stay in shape this holiday season!
Posted December 14, 2017
Are you traveling this season? Many people find that travel and other holiday festivities throw them out of their normal workout routines. However, if you do CrossFit, you can find affiliates all over the world! CrossFit Rock Hill wants to share a few reasons why you should find a CrossFit near you during your holiday travels:
- Breaking the “big box” idea – CrossFit strives to break the traditional “big box” (franchise) fitness concept that other commercial gyms follow. CrossFit affiliates focus on helping participants achieve confidence and physical growth through ethical, healthy workouts.
- CrossFit’s concept – CrossFit affiliates are groups of licensed fitness trainers united around the same cause: to provide effective, practical exercise. These trainers use reliable resources to create routines for participants across the globe, all done under the CrossFit name.
- Continuing your workout – No matter where you go, CrossFit affiliates have the same workout programs in place to help you continue your workout routine. Our goal is to help you maintain consistency for better results.
If you’re traveling to the Rock Hill area this holiday season, visit CrossFit Rock Hill. We invite you to experience our exercise programs as a part of your holiday fun! Call today to learn about our free introductory sessions.
Posted November 21, 2017
If having a healthier Thanksgiving is important to you, you’ll want to find a way to incorporate some exercise into your holiday routine. Gyms near you offer a wide range of programs to help you stay active, but you can also find ways to stay fit while you’re traveling to see your loved ones. Here are a few suggestions from the coaches at CrossFit Rock Hill:
- Walk – While this may seem obvious, walking is a great way to exercise. You can do it no matter where you are. Walks can be a lot of fun, especially if you go with your friends and family this Thanksgiving. Take every opportunity to go on a walk this holiday – you’ll notice the difference in how you feel!
- The guest room workout – If you’re staying at a loved one’s home this holiday, make sure you pack some of your workout gear. With resistance bands and a yoga mat, you can use any room you stay in as a space for push-ups, squats, and other exercises.
- “The Holiday Challenge” – Set a goal for the amount of exercise (or steps) you want to get in over the holiday. While you’re challenging yourself, use this time to invite others to work out with you. It’ll make for a memorable holiday, and you’ll feel healthier, too.
Looking for local gyms near you during the holidays? CrossFit Rock Hill has the exercise program you’re looking for. Call to learn about our free introductory sessions.