Posted June 14, 2018
Starting any new routine can be tough, especially if it involves exercise. But creating these new habits and sticking to them doesn’t have to be a struggle. You just need to know which steps to take to keep your momentum going. At CrossFit Rock Hill, our fitness center near you wants you to start exercising on a regular basis. Here are four tips to help you keep up your new exercise habits:
- Establish daily routines. Taking the same actions every day makes them seem normal. This includes establishing a CrossFit workout schedule, eating healthy foods, drinking water, and getting enough sleep.
- Have a support system. Support from family, friends, and your CrossFit coaches can keep you motivated. In fact, one of the reasons why CrossFit is so popular is the sense of community among our participants.
- Be accountable. Holding yourself accountable is so important when you’re trying to establish healthy habits. CrossFit allows you to exercise in a group setting. You’ll be around other people with the same goals and can encourage each other.
- Have fun! Finally, many often stick to a new habit because they enjoy it. Exercise, overtime, can become very enjoyable – if not addicting.
Are you looking for a fitness center near you in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and Lake Wylie area that provides CrossFit? Come to CrossFit Rock Hill. We’ll get you started on your journey to a better, healthier you!
Posted May 29, 2018
Could simply living near a gym benefit your health? According to a new study, it might! Today, the team at CrossFit Rock Hill wants you to know about the positive impact of having CrossFit near you – or any other fitness center, for that matter.
According to research, it seems that middle-aged adults and seniors who live near local gyms tend to be more slim and fit. At the same time, individuals who don’t live near fast food restaurants tend to be healthier, too.
Scientists believe the connection lies in the fact that local gyms offer people a more convenient way to get the exercise they need. Increasing access to nearby facilities for physical activity, combined with reducing the number of fast food developments, could lower the risk of obesity and other unhealthy conditions within a community.
The CrossFit program on its own provides many health benefits to particpants. However, having CrossFit gyms near you makes it easier than ever to get the exercise you need to live a full, healthy life.
Are you interested in joining a gym that provides CrossFit near you in Rock Hill or Fort Mill, SC? Visit CrossFit Rock Hill today. We’re more than happy to have you join one of our introductory sessions so you can learn more about our elite fitness program.
Posted May 15, 2018
Choosing an exercise program is never easy. There are so many options to choose from these days, and each one requires you to weight the pros and cons. The same is true for CrossFit. Our coaches want you to have a clear picture of our program before you begin. Depending on what you’re looking for, there may be some drawbacks. Here’s what the team at CrossFit Rock Hill thinks you might not like about our program.
- Workouts that constantly change – The CrossFit program is designed to provide participants with different workouts each day, all of which are helping you transform the different muscle groups in your body. But not everyone likes this much variety in their exercise routines.
- Not as specialized as some may like – CrossFit’s wide range of workouts means you’re not able to focus as much on one particular type of exercise or one particular muscle group. Our broad approach to overall fitness may not offer the specialization some are looking for.
If you’d like to know more, come to CrossFit Rock Hill for CrossFit near you. Our coaches will be glad to help you decide if our workouts are right for you. You can even attend a free intro class. Check us out and see what you think!
Posted April 26, 2018
If you’re wondering why CrossFit might be the right choice for you, you’re not alone. Check out the following three benefits of CrossFit from CrossFit Rock Hill, a provider of CrossFit near you.
- Personalized training – CrossFit coaches are interested in helping participants achieve the level of fitness that’s right for them. When you attend a class, you’ll be able to rely on your coach for personalized advice. Even though it’s a group setting, you’ll feel as if you were in a one-on-one training session.
- Community-centered – CrossFit is rooted in a sense of community among participants. At CrossFit gyms like ours, members are encouraged to get to know one another. The spirit of competition is always fun and encouraging and a true sense of family often develops at each affiliate.
- Focused on personal growth – Through CrossFit, you may discover new things about yourself that you hadn’t noticed before. This may include both physical development and the sense of accomplishment and self-confidence that come from becoming your best.
Looking for a gym that provides CrossFit near you? Visit CrossFit Rock Hill today. We welcome new members in the Rock Hill and Fort Mill, SC area. Join us for a session and see how our exercise program can transform your well-being.
Posted April 12, 2018
The goal of any CrossFit near you is to provide participants with a fun, safe, and social space for working out. But what if you don’t have time to make it out to a class? Can you do CrossFit at home? CrossFit Rock Hill has the answers.
Sometimes, there are some factors beyond your control that might prevent you from getting to a CrossFit gym near you for your daily workout. An illness, a sudden change to your schedule, or other circumstances could keep you from getting to class.
The good news is that you can do CrossFit at home. You can always find the CrossFit Workout Of the Day (WOD) on our website so you can still exercise in the comfort of your own home, on your schedule.
However, there are some drawbacks to doing this type of workout at home. You may not have the right equipment or accessories to get the full benefit of certain moves. Also, you’ll be without the assistance of our professionally trained coaches. If you run into any questions or problems while you’re working out at home, talk to our coaches about them when you return to class.
Are you looking for CrossFit near you in Rock Hill or Fort Mill, SC? Visit CrossFit Rock Hill today! No matter your skill level, we promise to make your workout fun and productive.
Posted March 30, 2018
As you’re participating in the different types of CrossFit classes near you, there are two important keys to your success. You’ll need to be personally invested in your workouts but you’ll also benefit from the leadership of a great CrossFit coach. While all of our coaches at CrossFit Rock Hill are highly trained, there are different certifications that coaches can pursue. Here’s what the various levels mean:
- CrossFit Level 1 – This is the entry-level certification for any coach. Level 1 coaches know the basic movements of the workout but don’t receive instruction on the more in-depth aspects of teaching participants.
- CrossFit Levels 2, 3, 4 – Coaches at levels 2, 3, and 4 have completed progressively more extensive training. They’ve learned about human anatomy and how it relates to the CrossFit workout. They’ve also been trained to prevent, assess, and treat injuries that may occur during a workout.
- Other coaching certifications – Some coaches may choose to participate in one- or two-day seminars on special topics. CrossFit coaches may also choose to pursue certifications from other fitness programs.
At CrossFit Rock Hill, we believe our coaches are the heart of our CrossFit classes near you. With their guidance, many of our members in Rock Hill and Fort Mill have become healthier, lost weight, and achieved a level of fitness they didn’t think was possible. Visit one of our classes and learn how we can help you achieve your fitness goals!
Posted March 15, 2018
Now that you know what CrossFit is and what the classes are like, it’s time to get started on your journey to better health and fitness. But with over 13,000 affiliates around the world, how do you find the best CrossFit classes near you? CrossFit Rock Hill has a few tips to help you decide. Here are a few ways to find the right CrossFit gym near you:
- Ask about their experience – Before you join a CrossFit gym, ask how long they’ve been open and how much training the coaches have had. Official CrossFit affiliates and coaches must meet certain requirements. You can also verify an affiliate to make sure a program is legitimate.
- Ask about their schedule and programs – Different CrossFit affiliates may have different class schedules. Before you pay for a membership at any gym near you, make sure you’ll actually be able to attend the classes that interest you most.
- Ask about free classes – Ask a CrossFit affiliate if they offer any free classes. You should make sure you’re comfortable with the program before you commit to this or any other exercise program.
If you’re looking for Fort Mill CrossFit classes near you, come to CrossFit Rock Hill. Our coaches and members are ready to welcome new participants at our gym near you. Get started today by checking out our free introductory CrossFit classes!
Posted February 28, 2018
If you’ve ever thought about joining a CrossFit class, you’re probably wondering what an average session is like – and you’re not alone! Many who are new to this fitness regimen ask this question. As a gym offering CrossFit classes near you, CrossFit Rock Hill is here to help. Here is what you can expect from an average class at our CrossFit gym:
- Warm up – As with any workout, the first step is to warm up properly. During warm ups, our coaches will lead you through squats, jumping jacks, pushups, and other exercises to get your body stretched and ready for the rest of the session.
- Skill and strength days – Every CrossFit class swaps between skill days and strength days. On skill days, you and a coach will hone your CrossFit skills and focus on ways to improve your techniques. On strength days, coaches will work with you to increase your power. Keep in mind that on strength days, you should expect to do some heavy lifting.
- Workout of the day (WOD)– In addition to skill and strength days, every day will have a set workout, or WOD. In a WOD, coaches will lead you through numerous CrossFit maneuvers in a fast-paced setting.
- Cool down – Each class finishes with a cool down period. Stretch with the group or on your own as you relax after an effective workout. This is also a good time to reflect on how your body feels.
Are you looking to join a gym offering CrossFit classes near you? Visit CrossFit Rock Hill. Our qualified coaches will help you get on the right path to better fitness and a healthier life!
Posted February 15, 2018
Many people who are looking to improve their health and fitness will look at local gyms and the classes they offer to find the right type of workout. While in the process of researching Rock Hill gyms, we hope you’ll consider signing up for CrossFit classes at CrossFit Rock Hill. Here’s some information about the different types of sessions we offer:
- Introductory Classes – If you’re trying CrossFit for the first time, we offer free introductory classes that give you a good overview of what we do. These classes are important because they help you feel comfortable with this particular style of training.
- On Ramp/Elements Classes – Our on ramp or elements classes teach the core foundations of CrossFit. Among other things, our coaches will work with you on the proper form for squats, overhead presses, deadlifts, and other common moves.
- Standard Classes – Once you’ve completed these classes, you’re ready to join us for our regular fitness sessions. If you’ve ever wondered what a WOD is, this will be your chance to find out! Most of the workouts we offer will be done in this type of setting. These classes generally run for about 45 minutes to an hour.
When you’re ready to take charge of your health and fitness, visit CrossFit Rock Hill. We’re one of the top Rock Hill gyms and our coaches are ready to help you get started on your journey to a better life.
Posted January 29, 2018
People exercise for many different reasons. Some do it for sports training or as a hobby. Others work out as a way to lose weight. Many gyms in Rock Hill, SC are asked about the connection between weight loss and the exercise programs they offer. Today, CrossFit Rock Hill wants to talk about how CrossFit can help you lose weight – and what it can help you gain:
- Will CrossFit help you lose weight? – This answer all depends on your other habits. If you stick to a healthy diet and follow your CrossFit workout schedule to the letter, then it is possible for you to lose weight. It’s important to remember that much of the weight loss results from any workout program relies on your diet as much as your exercise.
- It’s not just about weight; it’s about strength – CrossFit not only helps people lose weight. It also helps them gain strength. Its foundation lies in helping individuals develop healthier lifestyles. Our workouts help our members gain strength and new perspectives on how they can live their best lives. With this in mind, your focus should always be on growing stronger, getting healthier, and gaining confidence. Losing weight should be thought of as an added benefit!
Are you ready to lose weight in a healthy manner? Come to CrossFit Rock Hill and get started today! As one of the top CrossFit gyms in Rock Hill, SC, our coaches are ready to help you learn how to get fit.