While there are some foods that will help you get the most from your CrossFit workouts, there are some that will do the exact opposite. Your diet throughout the day can impact your workout regimen when you arrive at CrossFit gyms near you. The team at CrossFit Rock Hill suggests avoiding the following foods if you want to get the best results:
- Fried foods – It’s hard to say no to fried foods, but they’re not good for your workouts (or your overall health, for that matter). Heavy foods like these can make you feel tired and sluggish quicker. That’s not how you want to feel if you’re about to tackle an intense workout.
- Alcohol – Alcohol will slow you down, too. Try to avoid drinking alcohol the day before you go to CrossFit gyms near you.
- Raw veggies – While raw veggies are great, you may want to avoid eating them right before you exercise. Many people experience gastrointestinal troubles if they eat raw vegetables before working out.
- Processed foods – In general, you should try to stay away from processed foods. They’re typically loaded with sugar and unnatural ingredients that will do more harm than good for your body.
- High-sugar carbohydrates – Limit your consumption of high-sugar carbohydrates like potatoes, rice, and bread. Eating these before a workout will cause you to crave sugary foods immediately after you exercise.
Learn more about CrossFit nutrition and explore CrossFit programs by visiting CrossFit Rock Hill.