Working out at CrossFit gyms near you is only one step toward achieving the healthy lifestyle you want. What you eat is equally important. At CrossFit Rock Hill, we believe in helping our clients live their best lives. Here are six foods that may help you have a better workout.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is one of today’s superfoods. Add a tablespoon to your diet before and after you exercise and you may notice an increase in your endurance and energy.
- Sweet potatoes – Your body needs a healthy amount of carbs to keep your energy levels high. Sweet potatoes are excellent for balancing blood sugar without the negative effects of other starchy carbs.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a great way to take in carbohydrates without any added sugars.
- Eggs – Eggs are full of B vitamins, healthy fats, and proteins. It’s the perfect supplement for your CrossFit workouts.
- Lentils – Speaking of protein, lentils help regulate your body’s protein levels. They also add flavor and fiber to chili, soups, and other dishes.
- Seeds and nuts – Seeds and nuts deliver lots of nutrients. They’re a perfect snack to help you recover from a demanding workout.
Interested in learning more about exercise and nutrition? Talk to the coaches at CrossFit Rock Hill.
The summer season poses as a wonderful time for you to start getting active. Moreover, it’s a perfect time for you to start considering your general well-being and health. As a provider of CrossFit near you, we want to help you make the most out of your summer. Here are CrossFit Rock Hill’s top summertime exercise and wellness tips:
- Change your diet to supercharge your workouts – Exercising alone isn’t enough. You also need a healthy diet. Try to avoid foods that contain a high amount of fats and a low amount of nutrients, such as processed foods.
- Take a vacation from vacations – It’s tempting to sit back and relax during the summer. But have you ever thought of taking a vacation from vacationing? Use the extra time you may have during the summer to stay active.
- Drink more water – Drinking water throughout the day will decrease your chances of becoming dehydrated.
- Get outside – Leave the office or your home as much as possible. Take walks or go through your WOD in your yard. That’s right – you don’t even have to find a CrossFit near you to get your workout in. You really don’t have any excuses when it comes to this program!
If you want to start CrossFit, summer is the perfect time. Visit CrossFit Rock Hill today to see how we can help you transform your exercise routines and your overall wellness. We even offer CrossFit for beginners. We hope to see you soon!