If having a healthier Thanksgiving is important to you, you’ll want to find a way to incorporate some exercise into your holiday routine. Gyms near you offer a wide range of programs to help you stay active, but you can also find ways to stay fit while you’re traveling to see your loved ones. Here are a few suggestions from the coaches at CrossFit Rock Hill:
- Walk – While this may seem obvious, walking is a great way to exercise. You can do it no matter where you are. Walks can be a lot of fun, especially if you go with your friends and family this Thanksgiving. Take every opportunity to go on a walk this holiday – you’ll notice the difference in how you feel!
- The guest room workout – If you’re staying at a loved one’s home this holiday, make sure you pack some of your workout gear. With resistance bands and a yoga mat, you can use any room you stay in as a space for push-ups, squats, and other exercises.
- “The Holiday Challenge” – Set a goal for the amount of exercise (or steps) you want to get in over the holiday. While you’re challenging yourself, use this time to invite others to work out with you. It’ll make for a memorable holiday, and you’ll feel healthier, too.
Looking for local gyms near you during the holidays? CrossFit Rock Hill has the exercise program you’re looking for. Call to learn about our free introductory sessions.
Thanksgiving is all about spending time with family and friends as we give thanks for all the blessings we have. But due to the very large and delicious meals that are served, it’s also a time when many of us neglect our usual health habits. As one of the top locations for CrossFit near you, the coaches at CrossFit Rock Hill want to share some ways you can have a healthier Thanksgiving this year without sacrificing all of your tasty holiday traditions:
- Greet, meet, and walk. Get up from the couch or the table to interact with your family while you wait for the dinner to be served. Try to move as much as you can throughout the day.
- When you’re full, stop! Instead of stuffing yourself this Thanksgiving, focus on eating reasonable-sized portions of food. Once you’re full, stop eating – don’t push yourself overboard!
- Walk after the feast. Take a nice walk with your family after the meal. This is a great way to spend time with the people you love while getting some exercise.
- Clean up together. Not only is this a great way to show appreciation to your hosts, it’s also a great way to work off some extra calories!
- Next day morning workout – Whether it’s on your own or with a few of your friends and family, take the time to get some exercise the day after Thanksgiving. Take a long walk or run, go hiking, or try some CrossFit exercises to work off the pumpkin pie.
If you want to stay healthy this holiday season, look for CrossFit near you. Check out the schedule at CrossFit Rock Hill and see why we’re different from other gyms.