Listening to a conversation about CrossFit can be intimidating if you don’t know the language. At CrossFit Rock Hill, we want you to feel both comfortable and welcome when you start your training at our gym in Rock Hill. We believe that one of the best ways to make our new students feel at ease is by sharing common CrossFit terms that our personal trainers and other students use during their workout sessions. Here are ten things you might hear if you train at a CrossFit near you:
- GPP (General Physical Preparedness): Your general physical fitness.
- BW (Body Weight): This stands for your current body weight.
- PR (Personal Record): Your own personal record as you progress from one training session to the next.
- Rep: Stands for one repetition of an exercise.
- Set: This is the number of repetitions you do in a workout.
- AMRAP (As Many Rounds/Reps As Possible): Perform as many reps as you’re able at your current skill level.
- CFWU (CrossFit Warm Up): The first exercises you do at a CrossFit session.
- EMOM (Every Minute On the Minute): Perform a certain exercise at the start of each minute for a certain number of minutes.
- BS (Back Squat): Rest the weight on your back while you perform a squat.
- FS (Front Squat): Perform a squat with the weight in front of you.
If you’d like to train with us or learn more about CrossFit in Fort Mill and surrounding areas, call CrossFit Rock Hill today! It’s our mission to help you feel healthy, strong, and motivated so you can improve your health.